Sunday, October 20, 2013

What Is Up With The Washington DC Real Estate Market Right Now?

What Is Up With The Washington DC Real Estate Market Right Now?

Do you want to buy a DC House but have gotten cold feet? 



Have you, among other DC home buyers, been wanting to buy a DC house but have been insecure about the DC Real Estate Market and heard a million reasons why you should wait?

WHAT DO I DO IF I DON'T MONEY FOR A DOWN PAYMENT?
There are options out there. There are FHA loans that require a small down payment, VA loans (available for active duty military or a veterans) with $0 down payment, and ways to come up with the down payment. Check out  eHow.com's tips “How to Come Up With a  Down Payment When You Don’t Have Savings.”

IT’S SUCH A SCARY THING…
Oh, come on.  The DC housing market is great! One of my past clients bought a DC condo in -07 that appraised for $135 thousand more in -12.  Another one bought a DC home for $355  thousand in -09 that appraised for $650 thousand this year. Huh!?  A third one is currently selling his DC house for $100 thousand more than he bought it for in 2011.  That's not a bad DC housing market.  


MY COUSIN SAYS IT’S A BAD INVESTMENT…
Before you take advice given to heart, stop and ponder for a moment if the advice-giver is where you want to be? When I started thinking about becoming a DC real estate agent I was given advice from several people. “Realtors are all crooks” and “you won’t be able to support yourself” being the most popular ones.  Almost a decade later I am thankful I put my trust in God where it belongs, and followed my heart.  Those that (freely and frequently) offered their advice were either out of work, still in or back to school, someone who didn't survive the “down real estate market”, or just simply broke and unmotivated. I thought, “I need to hear what those already in the field, seasoned, motivated, successful and loving what they do have to say!  I’m so thankful I did. I’ve experienced a great high in the real estate market, a quick drop, a slow market and a recession. Guess what.  I still LOVE what I do, still make money, and still believe that it’s a GREAT idea going to see that house for sale (or condo for sale) that you could so much see yourself living in.

I DON’T TRUST REAL ESTATE AGENTS…
Um....how many DC Realtors have you worked with?  One? Five? Zero? If you have worked with five and had a bad experience every time, I can understand your feelings.  With one or with none but getting caught up in other people's experience?   All DC Realtors are not the same.  Most of us work very hard to make sure our clients are happy and feel secure, and keep our clients' best interest at heart. Meet with a DC Realtor, check their client commentsask for references and, for the love of all things good, don't be afraid to sign a buyer broker agreement. This agreement protects you and can be canceled at any time. And remember, as an added bonus YOU don't pay your agent. The seller does.





Monica Youngling, Realtor®  | The Youngling Team DC & VA Real Estate 
Cell (202) 213-9330 | Office (202) 608-1880 ext.167

Prudential PenFed Realty, 216 7th St., SE,Washington, DC 20003 & 13555 Wellington Ctr. Circle, Gainesville, VA 20155

By the way - consider doing a random act of kindness for someone today! Tweet about it and include #betheloveDC







No comments:

Post a Comment